Reflexology is often mistaken for a foot massage, however reflexology stimulates the nerve endings of the foot which are linked to every organ and gland of the body.
Reflexology is a complementary therapy which may be used in conjunction with conventional medicine to assist the body’s recovery from certain diseases and illnesses. It is particularly useful for stress related conditions as it helps to discharge the negative effects of stress and stimulate the body’s own healing.
What is Reflexology used to treat?
- Hormonal imbalances
- Menstrual problems
- Pre Menstrual Syndrome
- Polycystic Ovaries
- Under/Over active thyroid
- General or recurring infections
- Fluid retention
- Removes toxins
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Gall stones
- Neck and shoulder tension
- Muscular tension
- Back ache
- High or low blood pressure
When is reflexology useful?
- As active relaxation.
- As part of a stress management programme.
- Recuperation after illness.
- In preparation for pregnancy.
- Rebalancing hormones having stopped the contraceptive pill .
- Sub fertility and infertility.
- The 2nd & 3rd trimesters of pregnancy.
- Post natal.
- Teenagers under pressure from exams.
- Shift workers or working long hours.
- Aiding weight loss, by boosting the metabolism and improving fat digestion.
- Food allergies & intolerances.
- Reducing the effects of seasonal hay fever,
- To counteract the effects of long term medication— by helping to eliminate toxins from the body and restoring natural organ function.
- After physical or emotional trauma.